PLANS OF SUBDIVISION
A plan of subdivision allows you to divide land into two or more new parcels of land that can then be disposed of or sold off separately. The only new parcels that can be created by a plan of subdivision are lots, roads, reserves, or common property. All new plans of subdivision lodged with Land Registry Victoria are lodged under Section 22 of the Subdivision Act 1988.
SECTION 173 AGREEMENTS
A Section 173 Agreement will generally be a requirement of a condition placed on your Planning Permit by Council. Not all Planning Permits issued by Council require a Section 173 Agreement and we at Sargeants Wyndham & Hobsons Bay can check your Permit carefully to determine as to whether you need to act on one.
A Section 173 Agreement is a legal contract made between your local Council and any other party or parties, under Section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. There are a number of requirements that will be set by the local Council and that you, as the landowner, need to comply with when entering into a Section 173 Agreement, some of which are:
- The prohibition, restriction or regulation as to the use or development of the land.
- Conditions which the land may be used or developed for a specific purpose.
A Section 173 Agreement may also be required to:
- To establish monetary contributions for road construction
- To establish a development contribution levy
- To provide for the provision of infrastructure
- To protect native vegetation
- To provide for maintenance of a facility on the land
A Section 173 Agreement is normally prepared by a Solicitor and our internal legal department is experienced and qualified to assist you in this matter.
"We just used Sargeants Altona for our purchase and the process could not have gone smoother. We were always up to date with the process and emails/questions got answered straight away. I highly recommend Sargeants Altona as they are very competent in their work and super friendly."
- Nadine Kury
All conveyancing services
- Related Parties Transfers
- First Home Owners Grants applications and lodgements
We offer the strength of:
- In-house legal team to get your documents completed quickly
- Proactive approach so important deadlines are met
- Professional, caring, friendly team that make you our priority
- Difficult matters resolved quickly to gain a positive result for you
- Professionally insured against civil liability for your peace of mind
- Members of The Conveyancing Society of Australia Inc. so you get the most accurate and updated advice
- Clear and constant communication so it’s easy for you to follow the process
"I would like to take moment to thank you for your services to make the settlement really smooth. All of your team has always been available to answer any queries I had along the way. I really had a great experience working with you. It is so evident now why everyone recommended your services when I was looking for a conveyancer."
- Niket Singla
We are licensed and service clients across the Western Suburbs of Melbourne and throughout all of Victoria. We have offices in Hoppers Crossing & Altona and specialise in servicing the following areas:
- Altona Meadows
- Hoppers Crossing
- Point Cook
- Wyndham Vale
"Been using Sargeants for almost 12 years and the experience has been amazing the staff are professional and always on time, thanks Guys."
- John Carlo